Flamethrower's Thread of Random Questions

A forum for the translation project of the first title of the Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy: Legend of Heroes III - The White Witch. Also known as Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch.
flamethrower
Programmer

Flamethrower's Thread of Random Questions

Post by flamethrower » Sat May 16, 2015 11:17 pm

I posted a Korean YouTube video earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZtQ7CaxXk
I can't find a Japanese let's play like this so I could use some help with that. In true Falcom style, there are two remakes of this. The game we are working on is a remake of a PC-98 title of the same name and there is also a PSP version which is the most popular target for let's plays. I saw some let's plays of the Japanese PSP version on Youtube.

The game doesn't run like is shown in the video on my system. Unless I set the movement to "coarse," my character moves around really slowly. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?
------------------------------
I'm having a super lot of trouble with DXWind. ED3 doesn't behave properly when it isn't focused. Any idea on how to troubleshoot this?
Wander Wonder has no mouse input; that's probably why it works. Is there a way I can make ED3 think no mouse is connected?

Xalphenos
Wanderer

Re: Flamethrower's Thread of Random Questions

Post by Xalphenos » Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm

About the slowness. Is this when windowed or all the time. While my craptastic laptop doesn't move as fast as that korean video you posted I certainly wouldn't call it slow. But when using dxwnd it crawls. I definitely couldn't play the game like that, but it works for debugging I guess.

About the mouse. Yeah I noticed that with dxwnd too. Haven't found a setting that fixes it yet either. I did not have these problems several years ago while using d3dwindower. Though it did always take a while to actually get working. Works much better in XP then 7; haven't checked 8 yet.