How do I cheat in Trails in the Sky PC ver.?

The Legend of Heroes series is a long running game series created Falcom. Probably one of the best RPG series created with it mix of story telling and adventure.
flamethrower
Programmer

How do I cheat in Trails in the Sky PC ver.?

Post by flamethrower » Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Two things I want to do are:
1) Have super powerful characters basically immediately
2) A speed-up function so battles resolve quickly

How can I do these things?

Basically I just want to enjoy the story so I'm fine playing on easy, but I want combat to resolve even faster than just doing that.

This is the answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEDPgrz1Gl8

NightWolve

Re: How do I cheat in Trails in the Sky PC ver.?

Post by NightWolve » Mon May 15, 2017 1:08 am

That's useful, I would try to manually hack exp and gold when I needed everyone powered up to just play test fan translation work without having to waste time grinding over and over.

I used to use Game Shark for PS1/2 and a little bit of Game Genie for NES/SNES for similar reasons with RPGs when I just wanted to enjoy the story. Also, some times just for plain ole good fun, to replay old beaten games with invincibility mode! I didn't really like ruining a game's challenge but if I already finished it, cheat codes gave you new fun replay value.

However, I have an example to cite where cheating didn't pay: Squaresoft's Saga Frontier for PS1... The bosses would adapt to your experience level, so if you cheated by starting with level 99 characters, the very first boss was a 40-50 minute nightmare to defeat cause his HP adapted to your level 99 party. Hahaha!!!! That ruined the fun, only game I can recall in my day that did this. I'm sitting there fighting him, a half hour goes by, wondering why he won't die... Once I realized it was the cheating, I started a new clean game without the Game Shark codes.

flamethrower
Programmer

Post by flamethrower » Wed May 17, 2017 12:52 am

I know how to use cheats on PSP emulator through both memhacking and the built-in cwCheat engine which is basically just memhacking but a little more advanced.

For Zero no Kiseki, even though I have a save near the beginning of each chapter, and I cheated and used turbo, it still takes awhile to get to the right (bugged) scene if it's near the end of a chapter.

foubou

Post by foubou » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi, here are some great tools made by a guy named Stormwave.

Very easy to use, just open a save and edit it with the stuffs you want.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_JTe ... 0pBMUp0MVE

Have fun !