Random Pictures/Photos/Memes Thread.

Feel free to chat about anime, manga, light novel or games here (or anything really of interest).
NightWolve

Random Pictures/Photos/Memes Thread.

Post by NightWolve » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 am

I'm sure you're familiar with the idea of such threads. Post randomly entertaining memes/photos/whatever that catch your interest, etc.

So to start off, you might be familiar with the "Retro VGS" which became a laughing stock since it failed its first fundraising campaign and then returned only to rebrand itself as the "Coleco Chameleon" having bought the licensing rights to use the word "Coleco" for whatever market value that still has... To provide context, I linked Mike Kennedy's video below doing a demo of this "new system" with allegedly "a prototype" but what's really inside the Atari Jaguar shell is a good ole SNES motherboard, thus his cartridge is no doubt a flashcart! You can't write this stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEqQkMYVnA

flamethrower
Programmer

Re: Random Pictures/Photos/Memes Thread.

Post by flamethrower » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:14 pm

For Retro VGS... There's always emulator, right? I think there are tools available that will allow you to write homebrew for these platforms too.

I have always liked the Zero Wing meme, it's so bad, it's GREAT. See here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... e/ZeroWing
I have always been a cynical person. A lot of memes are cynical I guess, but I always liked "The Sonic Cycle" meme. I recommend Google Image Search for this one.

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Yeah, that's one of the reasons the idea for RetroVGS is so bad, you have everything retro available on your PC with emulation and indie developers can make games for you RIGHT NOW in any style and deliver them cheap/easy with Steam! The other reason it's a bad idea is because you already saw what happened with the Ouya, it was a failure, and that was able to raise millions of dollars and wind up on store shelves... This one will be all carts, no Internet-connectivity AS A PLUS (cause they think that was great in the good ole days), etc. With all that Ouya wasn't run by incompetent hacks like Mike Kennedy and his bunch and it still failed, which leads me into another photo:

I call it the "winning team" shot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/RETROVGS
elmer wrote: But what are they thinking? Perhaps something like this ...

"God, I hope that nobody sees this. I'm only here because these idiots paid me to take the photos!"

"My butt-plug tickles!"

"God, I miss being a High School jock. Everyone used to love me. Please let me go back in time and do it again!"

"Who are these guys again? Crap, who cares anyway ... Good weed, man!"
This guy read my mind on the 2nd one, left to right! Or, it looks more like one of them just pinched or slapped his behind and he perked up. ;)

Anyway, I personally love these RetroVGS guys, never seen anything like it, they've generated so much lulz on so many retro forums, the greatest laughing stock to come around in a long time!
Last edited by NightWolve on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

Post by zeromonkey » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm all for a thread like this but I don't have anything to offer other than the occasional comment.

-------------

I do love THEY LIVE! though. One of the funniest things is that ending scene with the woman and dude having a "good time" and she suddenly looks down to see he is one of them. "What's wrong baby!?" Somebody would be leaving with a broken member if I was her.

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 am

And Terra: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb8FUIxUcAAgDbh.jpg
zeromonkey wrote:I do love THEY LIVE! though. One of the funniest things is that ending scene with the woman and dude having a "good time" and she suddenly looks down to see he is one of them. "What's wrong baby!?" Somebody would be leaving with a broken member if I was her.
Yeah, good stuff.

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:34 pm

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

NES Nostalgia Flashback time! Punchy Sprites!

I dig this cat! :lol:

Pokemon Go, ladies and gentlemen! Bringing people together! :lol:

What is "Pokemon Go" you ask ? See: http://www.theonion.com/graphic/what-pokemon-go-53204

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:35 am

Some really nice Chrono Trigger fan artwork on here! Takes me back to one of the best RPGs on the good ole SNES! My friend's mom had gifted it to me for Christmas, and I got to beat it during my 2 weeks of school break! "THHHOOSEEE WERE THE DAYS!!!"

http://infinote.deviantart.com/art/Chro ... -210143384

The best one on there at quick glance.

Zoelius

Post by Zoelius » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:45 am

Magikarp confirmed OP.

NightWolve

Post by NightWolve » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:33 am

WOW!