Anime Talk

Feel free to chat about anime, manga, light novel or games here (or anything really of interest).
Sakioon

Anime Talk

Post by Sakioon » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:50 am

I wanna create a topic here to talk about animes and other stuff

SkyeWelse
Graphics & Web Design

Re: Anime Talk

Post by SkyeWelse » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:01 am

Well, in that case start it off with some content at least. :)

What are you currently watching? What are some of your all time favorites? etc.

-Thomas

flamethrower
Programmer

Post by flamethrower » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 pm

For this season I am liking the Grimgar anime - kids with no memory of their time on Earth...spirited away to a different world and "encouraged" to become "volunteer soldiers" which is like a character in an RPG game. Has a serious tone to it.

And the other one is "Blessings on this Beautiful World" - Kazuma meets his demise. The goddess Aqua gives him the chance to take one thing with him to his new life in a fantasy world, and he chooses her. Unfortunately, she's good-for-nothing. Even though she has high stats (very high, even), she's basically a horrible person. He's soon joined by Megumin, a wizard, also good-for-nothing, and Darkness, a paladin, also good-for-nothing. Hilarity ensues as they try to defeat the demon lord of this world.

They're both based on light novels.

M_bot
Programmer

Post by M_bot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm really liking Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (or Erased though I like the Japanese title more). The story is already really detailed but the decisions the director has been making are just great. It's a mystery revolving the protagonists ability to prevent life-threatening events by going back in time. The ability activates at random and it ends up forcing him to solve a serial kidnapping case involving his friends.

I'm also watching Grimgar and Konosuba, along with a lot of other shows this season. My top three this season are Erased, Grimgar, and the 2nd season of Gate.

zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

Post by zeromonkey » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:58 pm

The newest anime I have watched in the newer Ghost in the Shell stuff that came out a while back and the only reason I got a chance to watch some of it was because of it being on Netflix. I don't hate subs but I prefer dubs because I enjoy anime for the art style more than the context sometimes. But I will say Tokyo Godfathers is one of my favorites and it is sub only (that I know of... wish it wasn't so people who can't do subtitles could see it.)

zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

Post by zeromonkey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 am

I watched Evangelion 3.33 today. Definitely a real departure from the tv version. Regardless, I thought it was pretty cool. Took it in with an open opinion and looking forward to seeing where it ends up.

Side note: I have had Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 10 for some time and I can't bring myself to finish it. I waited so long on the releases that once I watch it... it's done. :cry:

Sakioon

Post by Sakioon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Finished watching most of the if not all of the current animes that just finished