typing with my nose

Feel free to chat about anime, manga, light novel or games here (or anything really of interest).
zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

typing with my nose

Post by zeromonkey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:15 am

just gonna say i am gonna be out of commission for an undetermined time. i have severe burns on both my hands and am typing this with my nose. hopefully in a few days my hands will heal enough i can stand to poke my keyboard to death. be back as soon as i can and will explain more then.

SkyeWelse
Graphics & Web Design

Re: typing with my nose

Post by SkyeWelse » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Man, sounds awful. Here's to a fast recovery! And might I add that you have some talent typing with your nose! You might even go as far to say that you "have a nose for typing!" *ba dum dum chiish*

-Thomas

btw this was typed on my 3DS

yangxu
Translator

Post by yangxu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Wow, that sounds nasty! Hope you recover soon!
I never tried this, but will Cortana in Windows 10 help at all in terms of voice input/typing?

zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

Post by zeromonkey » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Getting some feeling back in my fingers. YAY!

So a breakdown of what happened is in order. The other evening, I was baking a pizza for my son. I had purchased a pizza pan at the store a few days earlier and it worked great. Made 2 much heavier pizzas with it at separate times. When it was time to remove the pizza from the oven, as i was pulling the pan out, the damn thing bowed and dropped the pizza in the bottom of the oven. Freaking out because it was already late at night and not wanting to lose his dinner (and not thinking properly) I grabbed the pan with my bare hand. It stuck to the pan and still half insane for the moment, I forgot I had put the worn out oven mitt on the other hand and grabbed the pan. All the while trying to save the pizza. Thankfully I had cleaned my oven earlier in the week, so it was really clean (Scalloped Potatoes overflowing makes a nasty damn mess in an oven), I was able to have my wife jump in and save the pizza. He ate 4 pieces by the way. Since my wife has a medical background we managed to prevent a much worse fate for my hands and skin. I still have my fingers and palms wrapped up but I am able to do some typing with them now. They do look pretty gnarly though. Took at least the top layers of skin off and I have some nasty blisters.

About the nose typing trick, it is something I picked up when I broke both of my arms in a wicked skateboarding accident many years ago. Well not really an accident, more like wrong foot in the wrong place at the wrong time plus a 12 foot drop.

Thanks Sky and yangxu for the well wishes.

SkyeWelse
Graphics & Web Design

Post by SkyeWelse » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:35 am

Glad to hear that you are starting to recover from this terrible "Pizza Time" incident. I've burned myself using an oven before, it really sucks and that pain from burns lingers something awful. At least you'll be able to recover soon and that not a slice of pizza was wasted! :) Pizza slices are sacred. Even more so that I quit eating pizza. I used to love eating it, but I'm trying to keep a low carb diet and Pizza and low carbs don't mix well I'm afraid.

I've had a nasty skateboard accident too when I was younger. I went down a hill that was too much of a downward slope and I was flying after while with no wheels attached to the ground. Maybe I could have made it, but at the last second I chickened out and jumped off the board landing on my hands and knees as I skidded across the hard pavement. Didn't result in broken arms, but man, that was the last time I rode a skateboard. I went back to riding a bike, it was much safer!

-Thomas