You are an idiot!

Feel free to chat about anime, manga, light novel or games here (or anything really of interest).
zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

You are an idiot!

Post by zeromonkey » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Catchy title eh?

So after hours of dealing with Comcrack today, I finally come home from taking my wife to her carpool and find my internet is back on. Like most people, I absolutely hate calling customer service and being talked to like you are an idiot. Power cycle... Have you changed or moved anything... We don't see a problem... Blah blah blah. YET somehow it magically is fixed a few hours later. I bet some jackass was working the lines somewhere and screwed it up. I knew it wasn't my modem"s" because both are fully working. I took an old surfboard out to see if it would connect and all it did was flash downstream and told me my access to the internet was denied. Oh well. Back to work.

flamethrower
Programmer

Re: You are an idiot!

Post by flamethrower » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm

At my work, they use TeamViewer in IT.
The call center support tech will listen to your problem. If they understand the problem, they will go right to solving it, especially if it's a very common problem. And if they don't understand your problem, they will ask you for a TeamViewer session to diagnose your problem.

Repairmen from the cable company treat you like a person when they visit your house (for whatever reason). It's hard to treat a person like a machine in person; it's much easier over the phone.

Yep, Comcast sucks. Not sure where you live, but it's probably a state where they have outlawed competition in the ISP market by the government.

zeromonkey
Hacker, script editor and control freak

Re: You are an idiot!

Post by zeromonkey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:14 am

Yeah. It is straight monopoly here.

Thankfully I am looking into to moving somewhere that offers 250m/250m service in the near future (with no data cap). I mean how can you expect somebody to keep it under a cap when you are offering neck breaking speeds.