Beta Patch Release

A forum for the English Translation Project for the Ys Celceta PC Version originally in Chinese.
josejl
Programmer

Re: Beta Patch Release

Post by josejl » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:24 am

Yeah, depending on the resolution you get some borders on the screen, as shown here:
black.jpg
black.jpg (429.52 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
The old patch runs at 57.7 fps (the one that is released,that is). I couldn't get more accuracy with the game's frame limiter, so it was either 57.7 or 62-something. That can cause some Vsync stuttering. The one I made seems to be quite accurate, I'm not getting any screen tearing on my end at least.

I count this one among the timing fixes, so, yeah, this will make it in.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:21 pm

josejl wrote:Yeah, depending on the resolution you get some borders on the screen, as shown here:
black.jpg

The old patch runs at 57.7 fps (the one that is released,that is). I couldn't get more accuracy with the game's frame limiter, so it was either 57.7 or 62-something. That can cause some Vsync stuttering. The one I made seems to be quite accurate, I'm not getting any screen tearing on my end at least.

I count this one among the timing fixes, so, yeah, this will make it in.
Ooooooh, well, the black border thing shouldn't be a problem if playing the game at 16:9 resolution. Well, I don't know how that's fixed, but oh well. XP

The first beta patch, right? Yeah, those studders were quite interesting to see. ;p Also, is there an option to bring the frame rate back down to 30fps? (Like hex editing the .exe?) You know, just to get back that original feel of the Vita version. Of course, you don't have to do that since I could just play the Vita version for that feel, anyway. ;p

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:24 am

So... How's it coming along?

Supermist

Post by Supermist » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 am

The Chinese version is greenlit on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =834215281

Thought this might be interesting to share here.

greihn1223

Post by greihn1223 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm

is the patch still ongoing? i mean.... is there any latest patch to this game?

if not.... then i ask if still there any tools used to dump and edit files still available... cause apparently... the link i find about that celceta tool seems deleted or something....

i have a question though.... is there any way to change the font face used in the pc version? cause i liked the font face used on ps vita more than the pc version....

p.s.

it seems there's some bugs on the journal... the monster compendium to be exact..... some of the monster and bosses description doesn't appear when i look at them.... and it shows some error.... "hen na message" something...

there's also a bug which won't show the DEF value on equip and skill menu..... it will only show when changing equip.....

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi there.

I released a WIP upgrade to the beta patch, it fixes some timing issues mostly, and some WIP features like new shaders, english voices and alternate soundtrack.

I'm still developing it, but progress has been slow, hopefully I should release a new version soon since I managed to fix a major issue with the shadows.

About switch the font, it's "possible" right now. The user.ft file in the folder is actually a regular TTF file. You can try to switch it for another font file, and you should get a different font, but depending on the font you use, some of the letters might not show up correctly. I'm also working on that, since I also like the Vita font better, although I don't know the name of that font (Vita version uses a bitmap font, so I don't know the name)

greihn1223

Post by greihn1223 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 pm

josejl wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm
Hi there.

I released a WIP upgrade to the beta patch, it fixes some timing issues mostly, and some WIP features like new shaders, english voices and alternate soundtrack.

I'm still developing it, but progress has been slow, hopefully I should release a new version soon since I managed to fix a major issue with the shadows.

About switch the font, it's "possible" right now. The user.ft file in the folder is actually a regular TTF file. You can try to switch it for another font file, and you should get a different font, but depending on the font you use, some of the letters might not show up correctly. I'm also working on that, since I also like the Vita font better, although I don't know the name of that font (Vita version uses a bitmap font, so I don't know the name)
i see.... i was wondering what font face did they used on ps vita though? as for the bugs that i first posted? is there any solution for those?