Beta Patch Release

A forum for the English Translation Project for the Ys Celceta PC Version originally in Chinese.
BatteryShark
Programmer

Beta Patch Release

Post by BatteryShark » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Let's see how this goes:

Beta patch is up on this link: https://mega.nz/#!WdhWgaJA!LFRUorYPnSgS ... W1KPmxDUi0

Just copy all the files from inside the zip to a fresh joyoland install, run patch.bat, and play.

As a side-note, this patch contains no files directly from the games to comply with copyright restrictions, just diffs.

Let me know if anything is effed up still.

Cheers,

ahmeuad

Re: Beta Patch Release

Post by ahmeuad » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:25 am

Can you provide the site you bought the digital version of the game from, cause i want a trusted site and the link to download the game from.

Thanx for the patch man

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:59 am

You can download the game without an activation code at the official site:

http://yssh.pcjoy.cn/

You can buy the code there as well,although it's all in chinese.

ahmeuad

Post by ahmeuad » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:20 pm

i am tyring to buy the game from multiple site taobao, pcjoy but they ask for Chinese banks only, how did you buy the game.

if someone knows a good website kindly help as i tried for more than an hour.

BatteryShark
Programmer

Post by BatteryShark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:26 pm

I had to find a taobao agent that supported paypal... most of them don't officially, but if you ask them, they'll probably do it for you.

ahmeuad

Post by ahmeuad » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Thanx for the advise but i bought through alipay in the end and the patch is working nicely.

But i reached the sacred beast lair boss andograboras and there is a game breaking bug as i cant proceed to fight him the second time.

BatteryShark
Programmer

Post by BatteryShark » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:36 am

I've seen this bug on other sources as well, sounds like it's something to do with the executable because people swap for the chinese exe and then save and swap back after. We're looking into it.

Thanks!

SkyeWelse
Graphics & Web Design

Post by SkyeWelse » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 am

Ahmeuad, if you don't mind, perhaps uploading a game save of yours before the start of the Sacred Beast Lair Boss fight could help with fixing whatever is causing this bug. Thanks for pointing it out.

I started playing it last night, though it may be awhile before I can make some actual progress with it. I'm playing it via a ethernet connection from my PC to a Steam Link box connected to a HDTV in another room. It seems to work very well when running it as an application in Steam. I use a Dual Shock 4 paired with the Steam Link box and it is able to get "most'" of the controls to work, although I'm running into some issues where not all the buttons appear to be mapped. I'm sure if I found a better setup or used something like JoyToKey on my PC, this could solve some of these problems.

But yeah! It looks and plays great on the HDTV.

Thanks for working on this BatteryShark!

Edit: Seems that Battery and I posted within minutes of each other. :)

-Thomas

aspire3

Post by aspire3 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:27 am

I am also experiencing the same bug with freezing after the initial fight with the sacred beast. I have a save right before the battle. If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 am

We have isolated what causes the bug. The game was hardcoded to 30 fps,and changing it 60 fps can cause stuff like this.

If you really want to get pass that scene using the current EXE (not sure when we will release the next version),you'll have to make a small edit to the EXE with a hex editor.

This address is 86901.The bytes there should be 00 00 00 3F. Change that to 00 00 80 3F

This is just a workaround,as cutscenes will go at double speed then (gameplay will still work at normal speed) ,but at least it won't freeze.

Of course,you can set the EXE back to normal (or make a copy with this edit) after this cutscene.We have no reports of similar freezes later in the game.

marcustherocker

Post by marcustherocker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Hey all first post here :)

Thanks so much to all who worked on the patch :) I do not have a VITA sadly but when I heard about this project through a friend of mine in a Falcom fan group I am in on Facebook, I immediately had to check it out and download the patch and the game. Once I had in installed on my PC, boy did I have some fun as this is one game I'd been wanting to play for a few years but sadly couldn't until now. Encountered the hanging bug at the Sacred Beasts Lair after the first part of the two stage fight with that god damn fish boss but I was able to get it working again thanks to the fix recommended in the above post.

Finished the game a while ago and although it did have it's faults, I still enjoyed the experience of FINALLY being able to play Ys: Memories of Celceta on my computer thanks to all who worked on this translation patch :)

One question though, are there plans to release a patch/update that includes the English voices? I'm sure it must be possible to rip them from the game and replace the original files present (after backing them up of course). If not then don't worry as I'll be looking forward to any future Falcom translation projects from everyone here :)

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:01 am

Yeah,there are some improvements planned ,along with some bugfixes mostly related to 60 fps:

Music modding (my idea was to replace the Celceta music with the Yonemitsu arrangements whenever possible,although the idea is to make it user friendly so you can use whatever you want),that is working right now at least on my PC,although the loop points are a bit faulty.

Graphics enhancements (Vita version had lots of special effects which were removed in PC version, so far the only thing that can be brought back is dynamic shadow rendering, although that alone improves the game's looks quite a bit)

And as you said,the possibility of switching between Japanese and English voices. Vita data dumping has been possible since the beginning of this year ,so a lot of file formats haven't been studied yet, and that included the sound format that was used for the voices. We got a converter just a week ago or so .

marcustherocker

Post by marcustherocker » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:09 am

josejl wrote:Yeah,there are some improvements planned ,along with some bugfixes mostly related to 60 fps:

Music modding (my idea was to replace the Celceta music with the Yonemitsu arrangements whenever possible,although the idea is to make it user friendly so you can use whatever you want),that is working right now at least on my PC,although the loop points are a bit faulty.

Graphics enhancements (Vita version had lots of special effects which were removed in PC version, so far the only thing that can be brought back is dynamic shadow rendering, although that alone improves the game's looks quite a bit)

And as you said,the possibility of switching between Japanese and English voices. Vita data dumping has been possible since the beginning of this year ,so a lot of file formats haven't been studied yet, and that included the sound format that was used for the voices. We got a converter just a week ago or so .
Sounds awesome :) I'm looking forward to these updates :)

Johan23

Post by Johan23 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

How is the updated patch going?

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Okay, a little report on what I've got working so far:

1)You can switch between English and Japanese voices.

2)I have made a partial alternate soundtrack,although I'm not sure what to do with the new songs. I made a loader for custom music loop data,so anyone can include their custom music.

3)Shadow casting is kind of working,there are still some glitches because I had to program a different shadow casting algorithm,which is a bit different than the Vita version.

4)Characters have a bit of lighting now,making it a bit more like the Vita version,although I feel that they're too bright.
Shaders are editable,so anyone can tweak them.

5)I made a partial Gedosato plugin. It allows for bloom,FXAA and texture replacement.Shame it's got some memory leak bug which I haven't isolated yet. The game will work fine for a few minutes,until textures stop appearing,making the game look like a mess of black and white rectangles.
Thanks to the texture replacement function I was able to get better looking soft shadows in the first field area.

6)Improved 60 fps rendering. Now it's hardcoded to run at exactly 60 fps,not at 57.7 fps like it did on the old patch.
No more freezing on the Sparda cutscene.
I think Flash Guard timing and EX attack animation should be fixed now. Menus will still run at double speed and I'm afraid there's not much that can be done about that.

marcustherocker

Post by marcustherocker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:27 pm

josejl wrote:Okay, a little report on what I've got working so far:

1)You can switch between English and Japanese voices.

2)I have made a partial alternate soundtrack,although I'm not sure what to do with the new songs. I made a loader for custom music loop data,so anyone can include their custom music.

3)Shadow casting is kind of working,there are still some glitches because I had to program a different shadow casting algorithm,which is a bit different than the Vita version.

4)Characters have a bit of lighting now,making it a bit more like the Vita version,although I feel that they're too bright.
Shaders are editable,so anyone can tweak them.

5)I made a partial Gedosato plugin. It allows for bloom,FXAA and texture replacement.Shame it's got some memory leak bug which I haven't isolated yet. The game will work fine for a few minutes,until textures stop appearing,making the game look like a mess of black and white rectangles.
Thanks to the texture replacement function I was able to get better looking soft shadows in the first field area.

6)Improved 60 fps rendering. Now it's hardcoded to run at exactly 60 fps,not at 57.7 fps like it did on the old patch.
No more freezing on the Sparda cutscene.
I think Flash Guard timing and EX attack animation should be fixed now. Menus will still run at double speed and I'm afraid there's not much that can be done about that.
OOH this all sounds exciting :) Looking forward to the release of this update :)

housuke

Post by housuke » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Great job on the upcoming patch, just a question, does anyone freezes at the tower boss ? like the intro of the boss happens and then theres a black screen and I just stay there.. i hear sounds and everything.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Any sort of update patch? The timing with the flash guard and flash move is catching me off-guard. X'(

Oh and great work on the patch. Despite some issues, the game plays really well. :O

josejl
Programmer

Post by josejl » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Well, the timing issues are fixed, I think. To be honest, I haven't played much of the game with the fixes, as I've been busy with the graphics issues,which,well, are quite tough and I have no idea when they will be fixed. I can try to make a quick release with the graphics enhancements disabled,because they're too unstable as of now.

Basically, what is done now:

-Music switching between 2 sets (the alternate set isn't complete, and some looping points might be off)
-Switching between japanese and english voices.
-Timing fixes
-Removal of black borders.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:47 am

josejl wrote:Well, the timing issues are fixed, I think. To be honest, I haven't played much of the game with the fixes, as I've been busy with the graphics issues,which,well, are quite tough and I have no idea when they will be fixed. I can try to make a quick release with the graphics enhancements disabled,because they're too unstable as of now.

Basically, what is done now:

-Music switching between 2 sets (the alternate set isn't complete, and some looping points might be off)
-Switching between japanese and english voices.
-Timing fixes
-Removal of black borders.
Wait, black borders?

Also, you mentioned earlier that 60fps is now hardcoded. So is that why there are studders constantly from the previous patch? If so, will that fix be part of the quick release? :O