New hero !

Welcome to Heroes of Legend Translations!
foubou

New hero !

Post by foubou » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Fouad and I love good story-rich RPG like Kiseki Series. I'm very happy to join your community !

I came here bacause I want to translate Trails in the Sky FC (SC and 3rd too) in French so that I can enjoy that beautiful game in my native language !
I know it's possible because I saw screenshots of that game in Korean and in Russian.
It's an ambitious project I know, but I will start by FC and I will take the time to do it properly (I already started the Prologue).
Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of hacking.
I found some tools to extract the .DAT files of the game and I also managed to open the scenario files with NotePad (lol) but I don't know how I can modify the texts and save the modifications so that the game don't crash.

Don't hesitate to help me ! :D

SkyeWelse
Graphics & Web Design

Re: New hero !

Post by SkyeWelse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Welcome to the forum! I know we have some tools that could help with unpacking and inserting scripts into the Kiseki games that can be found on our Project Tools page. If you have specific questions about how work with these tools, I'd recommend starting a new thread about it in one of the forums, in either the PC or PSP Romhacking boards depending on which platforms you intend to tackle.

-Thomas

flamethrower
Programmer

Re: New hero !

Post by flamethrower » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:09 am

I don't know how to disassemble the Sora scripts.
I also don't know how to reverse engineer them. If you have any tips in this area or know someone who does, I'd like to hear them.

The English language projects that being able to disassemble the scripts would be:
Insert revised English language script from the PC version to the PSP version.
Insert full voice from the Vita version (to both PC and PSP versions).

Someone was working on Sora Vita version. The Sora Vita version scripts are easy to diassemble.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/eiyuu-denset ... rt.440890/

It would also allow foreign language projects like yours.