Someone made a utility that decrypts EBOOTs: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1225/
I also made a program that can insert a file into an ISO on top of another one as long as there's enough space for it. Pretty bad limitation I know, I'll work on better versions going forward.
If you are a romhacker AND a translator, then probably your toolchain will end up being:
1) Extract & decrypt (manually)
2) Modify using a program or several
3) Insert using a program (still can't add new files that weren't originally there or files that there isn't enough space [LBAs] to add)
If you are a translator, the programmer will make for you the following toolchain:
*could also work for patch distribution, and could make it easier for mods if you want that*
1) Extract using a program
2) Decrypt the EBOOT
3) Modify using a program or several
4) Insert using a program (still can't add new files that weren't originally there or files that there isn't enough space [LBAs] to add)
Need to try using mkisofs for making the game images. You need to use the -xa option (CD-XA format, I'm not sure where that specification is actually); that's what your CFW PSP and emulators are expecting when loading games. mkisofs is a lot more powerful than any of the programs I've used so far, but you can't control the LBA where files end up, so that will need to be accounted for.
This is a place to post tech details and informative documents about romhacking PSP games.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest